We will become a school with standards that see us in the top 25% of schools locally.
We will be a popular school in the local area with oversubscribed pupils.
We will have an ambitious and thought provoking curriculum.
We will create an inspiring and dynamic learning environment in our new school building.
Our Ethos and Values
Our approach is underpinned by a sense of moral purpose and commitment to doing what is right for children and young people, supporting colleagues to achieve excellence and acting with integrity in all our dealings within and beyond the organisation, in the interests of young people everywhere.
We summarise this ethos as the best in everyone. This ethos underpins our core values:
- Ambition – to achieve the best for ourselves and others
- Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause
- Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real
- Respect – of ourselves and others in all that we do
- Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests
- Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success
At Wilberforce, we promise every child that by the time they leave us at the end of Year 6 they will have developed a real thirst for learning through a variety of enrichment opportunities.
They will have had the opportunity to:
- Sing in a concert
- Play an instrument in a concert
- Learn a new language
- Visit a central London museum
- Go to a museum or place of interest outside of London
- Sleep at least one night away from home with their class
- Visit a farm
- Have a speaking part in a play
- Hold a position of responsibility within school
- Take part in a celebration for another faith/culture from their own
- Join a School Club
- Go to the theatre with the school
- Perform in a concert/production outside of school
- Enter a school-based competition
- Enter a national competition
- Have a piece of artwork displayed for all to see
- Be an ambassador for the school
- Work alongside an expert