The aims and ethos of the school underpin all that goes on at Wilberforce Primary. This includes the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of children as well as their development as successful learners.
At Wilberforce Primary we are about outstanding learning where broad opportunities are provided for individuals to develop their full potential and allow them to be healthy, happy and secure.
Building on our ethos and in partnership with the whole school community, we provide a stimulating and caring environment where individuals are valued and nurtured morally, spiritually and academically.
At Wilberforce Primary we aim to:
- Treat all children fairly, care for them and ensure their safety
- Ensure that all children are well taught so that they achieve the best possible academic results
- Help all children to develop a sense of personal responsibility and an awareness of the importance of being considerate towards others
- Provide an educational service that meets the individual needs of all children within the school community
- Keep parents regularly informed about their child’s progress and about all aspects of school life
- Be welcoming at all times and offer parents the opportunity to become involved in the daily life of the school
- Promote physical fitness and an awareness of the importance of personal hygiene, exercise and diet
- Develop in each child an understanding, appreciation and respect regarding religions and moral values. Through developing tolerance and mutual understanding we seek to prepare children for living in a multi-cultural society
- Provide children with a broad educational experience which incorporates the National Curriculum and fully embraces physical education, the arts and music.